|Mobile: 0123 456 789 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org blog:: java-success.blogspot.com|
- Track record of delivering quality Java/JEE based solutions over 8+ years in the Investment, Insurance, Finance, Telecommunications, and Retail industries.
- 2.0+ years as a hands-on architect, 2+ years as a technical lead, 3+ years in Java/JEE development, and 3+ years in system integration.
- Well versed with entire development life cycle and facilitating agile practices.
- Spearheaded the design and development of a Spring MVC, Spring, and Hibernate based mission critical system budgeted at $10 million, which earned high accolades in the independent code and design reviews conducted by an independent consultancy.
- Provided technical leadership on the architecture, design, and successful implementation of a mission critical 24x7 Java/JEE application valued at $10 million at BrandName Ltd.
- Enjoyed repeated success in understanding business expectations, building effective solutions, and facilitating agile development practices.
- Re-architected, refactored, and performance tuned a Websphere and J2EE based online insurance application, which previously came down almost daily, became a true 24x7 application at BrandName Ltd.
- Instrumental in building our Java/JEE consultancy teams at Consultancy Ltd to grow from 6 consultants to 25 consultants and technical pre-sales activity in placing the consultants at client sites.
|Java Technologies: 8+ years||
Java 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, & 1.5, Swing, Applet, JMX, JDBC, and RMI. 3+ years in building stand-alone multi-threaded and TCP/IP socket based applications
|JEE Technologies: 5+ years||
JSP, Servlet, JSF, EJB, JMS, JSTL, EL, JNDI, JTA, and LDAP.
|Frameworks/Libraries:||Spring (2+ years), Hibernate (3+ years) , Acegi, Spring-ws (6+ months), JSF Sun RI (2 years), Facelets, Ajax4JSF, JiBX, JUnit, Log4J, etc|
|Tools:||Ant, Maven2, CVS, SVN, Eclipse, Rational Software Architect, etc|
|Platforms:||Databases (Oracle, MySQL), OS (Linux, Windows), Application Servers (Tomcat, JBoss, Websphere, and Weblogic), Message Oriented Middleware (Websphere MQ and webMethods).|
|Design skills:||OOA (Object Oriented Analysis) & OOD (Object Oriented Design), AOP (Aspect Oriented Programming), Design by contract, GoF design patterns, JEE & EJB design patterns, and UML.|
|Software Development Methodology:||Agile methodology, RUP (Rational Unified Process), XP, TDD (Test Driven Development).|
Aug 2006 – Present: Brand name Ltd - Sydney
Position: Java/JEE Architect/Senior developer ( Design & development focus of a $10 million dollar high visibility and mission critical project using cutting-edge technologies and frameworks.)
Technologies used: Java 1.5, JSF Sun RI, Facelets, Ajax4JSF, Richfaces, Spring, XML, XSL, XSD, XHTML, Hibernate, Oracle 9i, PL/SQL, MINA, Spring-ws, SOAP Web service, Websphere, Oracle, JMX, ANT, Maven2, Continuum, JUnit, SVN, TDD, and XP.
Feb 2003 – Aug 2006: Consultancy Ltd - Sydney Clients: Sure Insurance, ABC utility, and MQR Finance.
Position: Java/J2EE Technical lead/Senior developer (Leadership, design, and development focus of a number of Java/JEE based multi-tiered, high volume (10,000 to 100,000 users), and distributed applications.)
Technologies used: Java 1.4, EJB 2.0, JNDI, JDBC, Servlet, JSP, Struts, Spring, XML, XSL, XSL-FO, XSD, XHTML, Hibernate, Oracle 8i, PL/SQL, FOP, Websphere, ANT, CVS, and JUnit.
Jan 2000 – Feb 2003: Telecom Ltd - Sydney
Position: Java/J2EE developer (Development focus of Java/J2EE based applications.)
Technologies used: Java 1.2/1.3, Swing, Applet, Servlet, JSP, custom tags, JNDI, JDBC, XML, XSL, DTD, HTML, CSS, Java Script, Oracle, DB2, PL/SQL, Weblogic, JUnit, Log4J and CVS.
- BEng in Mechanical Engineering with First Class Honors.
- Training in Websphere Application Server.
- Secured 97% in Java test conducted by Brand name Ltd.
- Passed the senior Java application developer test conducted by Consultancy Ltd.
- Passed the EJB [1.1 & 2.0] Tests conducted by Sure Insurance Ltd.
- Passed the Senior Developer Technical Interview with the Sun Micro Systems.
- Maintaining a Java blog at http://www.java-success.bogspot.com/ to communicate my findings and thoughts.
- Published a “Java World” article entitled “Some Java Topic”, which had over 40,000 views and positive review comments.
- Member of Australian Computer Society (ACS).
- Available upon request.